terça-feira, 16 de abril de 2019

EME - first attempts


I am finally trying 144 MHz EME. I am using a IC-1700, with a 750W amplifier into a single M2 12 element yagi. Since I don't have  elevation control, I am limited to the moonrise and moonset windows.

I have been trying for two days now. I have called CQ, and my signals have been copied all over Europe. It was really exciting to see my call appear in livecq.eu:


So far I have had little luck in receiving. I suspect there is something wrong with my LNA, because I know I had some big stations calling me. Here is a print made by my friend Norbert, OE3NFC:




This is one of the stations that was calling me, UA3PTW. I really should be copying him! My transmission seems OK, good cables, connections etc. I use the same line for tx and rx, so either the radio or the LNA have some problem.



On the second day I finally had a decode, it was  PA9RX returning to my CQ, but I did not manage do conclude the QSO.


The adventure continues, I will have another try today at my moonrise, with the LNA off. Maybe I will finally finish my very first complete EME QSO.


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário